GEEHACK Starcraft 2 PBT Dyesub 87/104 Keysets

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36294.0

영어라 먼지 ㅡㅡㅋ

일단 레드얼렛과 비슷한 폰트로 되어있네요...ic 단계는 아니공...

Note: Just to let everyone know this extreme longcat of an OP (basically copied from Red Alert) will go away shortly when my new subforum gets put together! Until then, the BLUE stuff is the most important to read. Do note that due to both the transition to SMF and the fact that this is copied and pasted, there are some minor formatting errors and visible BB code. That will be fixed once the new subforum is up and running.

Okay, so after much anticipation and hubbub, I present to everyone, Starcraft 2 keysets! Generally participants of previous group buys can skip most of this, as not much other than prices and shipping have changed. As these keys come in much higher quantities, bubble mailers are not an option. There is no problem for those ordering up to 3 base sets in a small flat rate box, but if you buy several expect your shipping rate to increase for a larger flat rate box. Generally the small box can fit about 300 1x keys. If you have more than that, then you will need a bigger box. Be sure to remember that modifier keys can be equivalent to several 1x keys, so factor that in when ordering the modifier add on kits. Those sizes have been listed in the kits below, at the bottom of their info.

The Base Keyset, available in 3 colors- one representing each race:
89 PBT Dyesubs on WFJ Signature Plastics keys, Helvetica font. The spacebar, as with all other PBT keysets, must be ABS due to PBT being unacceptably defective from shrinkage and curving during the molding process. Obviously it will be the closest we can get to WFJ. I believe that is WFK or WA, going to spend a good while staring at my new color swatch sets before making that decision.

This image is obviously from Red Alert, which the Terran version closely emulates. We can go ahead and use the custom legends this time and in addition to the standard windows key, you get a second pair of Terran, Zerg or Protoss modifier keys corresponding to which race you've chosen. To be perfectly clear, this is a complete set on its own, regardless of whether you like SC2 or not. If you've never heard of SC2:
A) What?
B) That's fine, it looks super sick anyways and comes with the regular windows keys.
Terran

Zerg

Protoss

The other races will be similar to these quick photoshops, but again, in PBT, and with additional SC2 Race Logo modifier keys. None have been made yet but you can see Esc sized keys below. At the moment the font is Helvetica, the SC2 font isn't exactly ideal for many reasons.

I'm going to see if we can do the other Terran logo with the Dominion Eagle etc, but I need to find a good vector of it in red.

By request, here's an example of Helvetica Dyesubs from SP. Sorry I didn't get time to ask permisssion to use the pics in advance, but here's a couple of photos from KeyboardLover's GB:
<-Credit to Reaper
<- Credit to Guilleguillaume

We'll do a bit bigger font size than that though... that's really small. Obviously the custom legends replace the text on most of the modifiers so don't judge them too much.

As far as prices, this is where things get interesting. I am willing to wait until each of these hit 100 orders before proceeding with the group buy. If everyone is happy with a higher price tier then we can go with that, but at the moment I am not setting a close date. The reason being is that due to price hikes from SP and their suppliers, PBT sets are much more expensive than they used to be. In fact when I first looked into running these a couple of months ago Melissa sent me back quotes that put prices at about $120-$130 @ 100 MOQ! Thankfully I was able to negotiate a more reasonable price increase and have gotten them down to $100 @ 100 orders. That's still very expensive I know, but at least it isn't ridiculous and as good as we're going to get from now on. That also includes the $7 or $8 in the modifier keys that I'm having Imsto print. Thus, in order for this to go ahead, I want to hit a minimum of 100 orders, below that the price goes way back up to ~$110-$120. To those saying you can get PBTs elsewhere for half as much, they really aren't the same. The closest sets an SP PBT set is comparable to are the Topre PBT keysets, which are also about $100. I recognize not everyone wants to spend this much on a keyset, but there were a lot of people that wanted Red Alert 2.0 to be PBT, so this is how I'm satisfying both parties.

In addition to the base set, I am offering several compatibility kits for use with various keyboards aside from the basic 87 key set. How this works is that you buy the 87 key set, and then choose which, if any, add on kits you want to suit your needs. That way the people just looking for the base set, which is what this group buy was originally limited to, don't have to pay more for keys they don't need.

Important note about add on kits: As we all know, Round 4 suffered from trying to offer too much, and I feel the potential for the same problem with these add on kits. I thought long and hard about whether to even offer these, but at the moment we're going to try and see how it goes. If they don't get enough quantity and end up being too expensive, then we may be forced to cut them unless everyone is willing to pay that tier's price. If I can I will order up to the next to help out. To put this into perspective, we got 46 104 kits in Red Alert, out of over 170 orders. Being that we're shooting for 300+ here, I'm hoping that we hit 25-50 for each. If you might be interested in having one of those kits, then put yourself down for one, you can always change it later if it is too expensive or you just don't need it. Odds are 104 is going to have a tougher time than Tsangan kits based on past data, so step up fullsize peeps!

Size of the keycaps:

Each base kit is the equivalent of about 100 1x keys.

Spacebar is modern 6.25x and the bottom row mods are 1.25x the rest range between 2x (shift) and 1x (esc keys.) If you are using this to calculate space requirements and you aren't sure, I estimated it at about 45 keys. Feel free to round up to 50 though, I did so with the base sets (to 100) and that was about right after considering the bags and the inefficiency in their placement.

Tsangan's Combatibility Kit, one for each keyset, meaning it comes in ALL 3 COLORS

Makes the 87 kit compatible with winkeyless keyboards such as Phantom, Dox, Cherry G80-3000, DKSaver, 356CL, Choc Mini, and many more! Ask Tsangan for clarification if you are unsure. This is being offered all 3 colors, (red on white, blue on white, and purple on white)
Contains 13 keys

Sorry about the lame photo, but it gives a good idea of what you get:

2 Alt (1.5x)
2 Ctrl (1.5x)
These are just the bottom row in 1.5x size

2 "Star" 1x keys that fit row 4

2 Diamond/Meta/Super (1x keys) <- This will go between the Alt and Control and is a 1x size key, with a diamond legend.

1 1x Win key

1 1x Fn key

1 Stepped CapsLocks
Same size as the capslock but it's stepped. It is off center stem.

1 1800 Shift (1.75x)
This is a short shift in 1.75x size for the right shift so you can fit another 1x key beside it

1 Spacebar (7x)
Just longer then your average spacebar, this one would be 7x size and its center stem.

Equivalent to about 20 1x keys

The 104 Kit

The 17 keys that make up the tenkey and its surrounding keys. Basically making this set compatible with full size ANSI keyboards. I may add the couple extra keys for 0 and 00 option if there is enough interest. At this point it is only being offered in red on white. I am pretty firm on keeping at least this one that way.

Equivalent to about 20 1x keys

No ISO kit this time around, its really, really, cost prohibitively expensive. Sorry guys.

Rules and Notes

Payment by Paypal only, do not order if you do not have a verified account yet, and get one if you want these.

Country must be specified with your order, US, CAN or whatever country you're in, in fact don't forget anything in the sample order PM. I only listed the essentials.

I have rounded the prices to provide a streamlined ordering process, and include any markup I need in compensation for my time. The sorting and all cutting/legend/misc costs (about $1500-2000) have also been included in the prices. The shipping prices have been lowered to essentially my cost for shipping, instead of being marked up. I have made these adjustments in light of recent feedback with the way I run these group buys, so I hope the streamlined process works better for everyone. The only extra costs that will be added to your order price are the Paypal fees, which are listed near the bottom.

No trolls allowed. You know who you are. >.>

I might be ordering extras, how many depends on our total orders and the quantity discounts this time around after 100 sets are really small, and given the high price are quite expensive to invest in. Whatever extra sets I do buy will be marked up a reasonable amount. If we hit somewhere past the "Magic Number" for the next discount, do not expect me to give that discount to everyone and buy the extras that make it cheaper, because if you do the math its easily over $1000 for me to do it. Simply stated, the magic number doesn't exist, and doesn't help anyone but me if I decide to order more and not share the discount. There has been plenty of vehement discussion on this, and I will not go through it all again here. I will not cut off orders preemptively to try and screw people out of a discount, orders close when they close. If anything, I will only extend the deadline to meet the next discount. I think everyone here knows by now that this whole gig runs on mutual respect and amicability between everyone. I've built a pretty decent reputation here and I don't intend to betray that.

Traditionally I have been offering a full refund to those who have lost packages. As I am trying to get tracking/delivery confirmation set up for this group buy, that will no longer be the case if it shows as delivered. If it shows as lost in the mail, I would like to split the loss 50/50 as these are relatively expensive sets, but we can work that out. I believe if I have tracking/delivery confirmation I can file a claim with USPS and get the value back up to a certain amount, (I think $75-$100) in which case I will refund as much as possible of your order.

Missing keys will happen, though they are extremely rare (only 16 missing/defective keys out of about 35,000 in the last round.) Those missing keys SP will replace, and I will cover shipping to you with a bubble mailer. Any exchanges we cover shipping our own ways.

Instructions

1. Fill out the shiny new order form here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGgza25USlJ2R1BxcmtmOVM4a0lvM3c6MQ#gid=0

2. Check for your name in the list of confirmed orders in the OP. Potentially in a public version of the spreadsheet on google docs if I can figure that out. Expect it to be updated generally within 48 hours, if you don't see it, I haven't gotten your order yet and you need to send me a PM. If I didn't add you to the list it may be because YOU DID IT WRONG. So double check you shiz and make sure it's correct before resending! I will try my best to respond back to clear up any confusion as soon as possible, but I will not be checking the thread's replies for orders that haven't sent me PMs, so don't count on that. Note: Ragnorock is an intentional misspell of Ragnarok, make sure you sent it to the right person.

3. Wait for the orders to close, and when they do, expect an email from me asking for payment. I'm going to be calculating everyone's individual cost via a very cool Excel doc I've whipped up and it's kinda what my major is so there shouldn't be any errors. Nevertheless, if you do the math based upon the final count in the OP and calculate your cost to be different, then respond ASAP to clear it up. When you pay the invoice, your shipping address will probably be sent to me by Paypal, but I will be shipping to the address in your PM over what is in Paypal. This circumvents the issue with outdated Paypal addresses.

4. Wait for keycaps to show up. I will be providing updates in new posts as my work progresses so keep an eye on the thread.

5. ? ? ? ? ?

6. Micro your little hearts out on your way to Grandmaster!

Pricing

Bold = current target price

Terran
25 keysets $120.00
50 keysets $110.00
75 keysets $105.00
100 keysets $100.00
150 keysets $97.00
200 keysets $95.00
250 keysets $94.00
500 keysets $92.00

Zerg
25 keysets $120.00
50 keysets $110.00
75 keysets $105.00
100 keysets $100.00
150 keysets $97.00
200 keysets $95.00
250 keysets $94.00
500 keysets $92.00

Protoss
25 keysets $120.00
50 keysets $110.00
75 keysets $105.00
100 keysets $100.00
150 keysets $97.00
200 keysets $95.00
250 keysets $94.00
500 keysets $92.00

Tsangan Terran

Pricing forthcoming, expect them to be around $30

Tsangan Zerg

Pricing forthcoming

Tsangan Protoss

Pricing forthcoming

104 Terran
15 keysets $55.00
25 keysets $45.00
50 keysets $37.00 <- Target Price
75 keysets $35.00
100 keysets $34.00
150 keysets $32.00
200 keysets $31.00

104 Zerg
15 keysets $55.00
25 keysets $45.00
75 keysets $35.00
100 keysets $34.00
150 keysets $32.00
200 keysets $31.00

104 Protoss
15 keysets $55.00
25 keysets $45.00
75 keysets $35.00
100 keysets $34.00
150 keysets $32.00
200 keysets $31.00

Quantity discounts are not shared between keysets. For example, the Tsangan keysets ordered do not count toward the 104 sets ordered, the combined count does not matter. However, within the set, the discount does come from the sum of those ordering. It is not "You must buy 50 sets yourself to get the discount."

Shipping + Handling

Same as the Red Alert, info omitted because the post is too long!

Extra large orders will be custom quoted via PM.

Paypal fees:

2.9% + $0.30 (3.9% + $0.30 for international) and is calculated in the invoicing. If you must gift it, arrangements must be made via PM.

Order counter:

Terran- 1
Zerg- 1
Protoss- 1
Tsangan Terran- 0
Tsangan Zerg- 0
Tsangan Protoss- 0
104 Terran- 0

104 Zerg- 0
104 Protoss- 0

Confirmed Order List:

Ragnorock

1 buyer!

Final note: Imsto group buy is coming up soon, I've got upcoming midterms and other stuff that kept me busier than I wanted to be this weekend, but I finally got the ball rolling on this at least. For the sake of full disclosure and I will probably post an IC for these later, but I originally planned on offering this set with a full set of dyesubbed "spell" keys from the various spells that the races in SC2 have. Some of the legends are quite complex, but the real reason they aren't being offered (yet) is because I'm honestly pretty afraid of Blizzard getting mad and coming after me. We'll see. SP seemed pretty receptive to making them, but I'm still not sure I want to go that route.

LZ EDITION

LZ Special Edition

TRiK

http://lzlife.tistory.com

http://red-line.kr